©2014 Patane Press, Inc.
Address: 4 Greenwich Court
Holbrook, NY 11741
Patane Press Inc. is a high quality, full service offset printing firm that has successfully delivered customized printing solutions within the New York metropolitan area for over 58 years.
“I have been extremely pleased with Patane Press’ quality of product and customer service of the years. We greatly appreciate your personal attention to our account and the professionalism you exhibit especially when we ask for the near impossible. I just wish that all of our vendors were equally as responsive and dedicated. Thanks for everything!”
Matthew Dougherty –
Columbia University Print Services
“The Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce is proud to have selected Patane Press, Inc. to be our official printer of our most important programs, invitations, brochures, etc. Patane Press does extraordinary work in a quality manner, with a quick turn around time and is dedicated to customer’s satisfaction.
For any important print job, Patane Press is the way to go.”
Patricia Boyd, MST, CPA
Treasurer – The Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce
“Working with The Patanes and their staff is like working with your best friend they know your thoughts, wants and needs. They make you feel as if you are their only customer.”
Grace M. Iannuzzi
Boys' Towns of Italy, Inc
“HARLEM WEEK, Inc. and the Harlem Jazz & Music Festival have utilized the services of Patane Press, Inc. for the past fifteen (15) years. We have never been disappointed with the professionalism received from the managers of Patane Press, Inc. and/or with the final products.
We have once again, designated Patane Press, Inc. to be our official printer for 2008.”
Barbara N. Burwell
Treasurer- Harlem Week, Inc.
It is best to build pages/documents in page layout programs such as Quark or InDesign, placing the art files in those program files. Following is a list of tips to make your job print better and keep your cost down.
Optimizing your files for printing
Patane Press prepress staff looks forward to working with you to achieve the highest quality job quickly and smoothly. As always, we will work with you to make just about any file print the way you like; however, any intervention time will be an additional charge.
* Provide a hard copy (laser print) of the final file.
* Send all the fonts used. If applicable, send screen and printer fonts. We can use TrueType & Open type fonts on the PC. Adobe open fonts are used cross platform, but some fonts cannot be embedded, even in PDF’s.
* Do not use “styles” for fonts in the application. If the font does not have a bold or italic version, it will not print that way on our Postscript 3 system.
* Vector based files can have the type converted to outlines to eliminate fonts, but will also eliminate our ability to edit text.
* Include all imported images and links with the files sent to NPC, even if the files have been embedded.
* All color documents and/or imported color files should be CMYK or PMS spot color (not RGB, as the change from RGB to CMYK can shift colors). CMYK images should not be used in a spot color job.
* Do not use WMF files. They must be converted to Illustrator or Photoshop files first.
* Delete unused colors from the color palette in your application.
* Scans and non-vector based art should be 350 DPI resolution at the placed size.
* Remove all unused text or graphics from the pasteboard outside the document image area.
* Keep text and objects not to be trimmed no closer than 3/16” from the actual trim.
* Items that print to the trim (bleed) should extend 1/8” past the trim.
* Do not “float” your document on an oversized page.
* When more than one fold is used, such as in a trifold brochure, the panel sizes will reduce as the folds accumulate.
* Do not use MS Word or MS Office programs for color printing.
Please call if you have any concerns about this information or would like help in working with your file.